Okay, I’m going to get right to the point! I saw these stats on google the other day:
“Spending on the worldwide education sector, which includes higher education, primary and secondary schools, is forecasted to grow by 2.3% to reach US$67.8 billion this year”. That’s good money!
Now, do you want to know what I think? (Please say yes!) We should spend that money on digitizing our classrooms.


I’m sure kids all over the world will be thrilled to hear those stats and would completely agree with me! (After all, I am a kid at heart.)
However, from my experience in the digital education sector, maybe not all teachers will. Of course, this does not apply to all teachers, but there doesn’t seem to be an extensive willingness for some teachers to go all out on technology when it comes to their teacher plans and methods.
But honestly people, we need to keep up!
Our children have grown up in the age of smartphones and tablets and everything digital. A 2-year-old can handle a smartphone with relative ease and most children have never heard of a “Walkman” or a “VCR” for that matter. So why should the school environment be any different? I mean with so many educational apps and thousands of new teaching methods out there, why aren’t we using this technology to engage our students. It seems that when it comes to new stuff and methods, we have to learn from the younger generation.
I took a trip down memory lane a few weeks ago to my old Junior high school (I’m not going to name any names, mind you!) but let me just say that I was shocked to find it how I left it some 20 years ago (don’t except me to get into the details). Despite the fact that I savored my memories of hanging out with my friends and walking in the school hallway gossiping about movies and fashion, I was saddened at how little we were doing for our children. I remember that in those days, some of the kids had beepers as the latest technology, though they just used it to show off. Kids today have smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and hover-boards for crying out loud!!!
Would you take all that technology away, and just hand your kid a beeper and say, “Sorry kid. We can’t keep up with you because we don’t have the money or the willingness to change our methods”?
I don’t think you would.
Don’t get me wrong. I know there are obstacles and hurdles along the way to digitizing our education system. One of them being the school budget and the other being teacher training. I understand those obstacles, and guess what? We have solutions for all of them.
“We” being Cetrix of course. We provide whole packages of classroom technology. This includes the hybrid tablets that you put in children’s hands to interactive boards and charging carts for the tablets to teacher training and of course the software behind it all.
So feel free to contact one of our experts to talk about the issues that bug you into thinking that bringing tech to your classroom wouldn’t be such a good idea.
I’m sure there are other stuff on your mind about why you haven’t turned to technology in your classroom so just leave a comment and let us know what’s on your mind.
And in the end, in the words of Arthur C. Clarke, a British writer and scientist, “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic”.
Don’t wait any longer to bring the magic to your classroom.